It’s the official launch of a brand new camera system today. Fuji has unveiled their Mirrorless Medium Format system with a starting line-up of ONE camera and THREE lenses (two prime, one zoom). The camera uses a 43.8 x 32.9mm sensor with 51.4 megapixels, a surface area approximately 1.7x that of 35mm FF. The prices of the camera and lenses are appopriately sized as well and they are available for pre-ordering as follows:
- Fuji GFX 50S Camera (Body Only) for $6500 at Adorama and B&H Photo and Amazon by Amazon itself
- Fujinon GF 63mm F2.8 R WR for $1500 at Adorama and B&H Photo and Amazon by Amazon itself
- Fujinon GF 120mm f4 R LM OIS WR Macro for $2700 at Adorama and B&H Photo and Amazon by Amazon itself
- Fujinon GF 32-64mm F4 R LM WR for $2300 at Adorama and B&H Photo and Amazon by Amazon itself
- tentative shipping estimate is end of February 2017
All of today’s new Fuji cameras and lenses have been added to the Cameras and Lenses of 2017 tracking page, where Mirrorless are leading DSLRs with a 4-1 score.