Amazon’s many different shipping and delivery options are paying off for procrastinators this year, especially if you are a Prime member. They have a variety of last minute delivery options including:
- Thursday is the last day for 2-Day shipping
- Friday is the last day for 1-Day shipping (some Prime member $35+ orders are eligible for free 1-Day shipping)
- Saturday (Christmas Eve): Same-Day Delivery (some Prime member $35+ orders are eligible) as late as 9:30am Local Time (or earlier; varies regionally)
- Saturday (Christmas Eve) Two Hour PrimeNow deliveries for Prime members as late as 9:45pm local time (or earlier; varies regionally)
- Sunday (Christmas Day): online gifts only; no physical deliveries
NOTE however that the local delivery varies by region, those Saturday cut-off times may be earlier in your region. And that’s before you factor in weather conditions. Some items may not be possible to ship/deliver fast enough. The most accurate estimate is when you add items of interest in your shopping cart and proceed to the Checkout page (the last step before placing an order).
DELIVERY TIP: you can optionally send your orders to local Amazon Lockers if you don’t want to play delivery tug-of-war with the delivery drivers. UPS and FedEx offer some rerouting flexibility (and have more experienced drivers), but Amazon’s own delivery service offers no customization. Since you can’t tell whose gonna deliver before you place the order, if you don’t want to deal with green panicked Amazon delivery drivers not finding you or not delivering because no one was home, you can send the shipment to an Amazon Locker and prevent potential delivery uncertainty.