Amazon is running a limited time promotion that gives you a $10 credit towards the purchase of select Kindle e-Textbooks. This promotion is only good for electronic textbooks, not for paper textbooks. This is good only for select e-textbooks, not for every ebook. Be sure to pay attention to the details of this promotion as it is an intermediate level deal, it is not a simple add-to-cart-and-you-are-done!
1. Enter the promo code to your Amazon account - see complete details. You must redeem this by the end of day January 9, 2012.
2. Only e-textbooks that show this on their individual pages qualify:
3. If you are looking for some ideas, check the Top Selling Kindle e-Textbooks, among them you will find these photography-related eligible e-books: Photoshop CS4: Missing Manual ($6) and The Photoshop Darkroom: Creative Digital Post-Processing for under $3.50. For programmer geeks, there's the Pro Android ($5), and for business geeks, there's the The Six Sigma Black Belt Handbook ($6+)... There are more photography-related e-textbooks in the Top 100, including Joe McNally, David duChemin, Syl Arena, and Scott Kelby...
4. This is a $10 credit, not a $10 off discount, so you can use it on one or more qualifying e-textbooks. The price of the individual e-textbooks does not have to be over $10.
5. You cannot test it before buying, but right after you buy (on your computer), you can view the order receipt to make sure the promotional credit was factored in. If it doesn't work, you can painlessly cancel the order and get a refund at the Manage Your Kindle page. Simply locate the offending e-book, click on "Actions" on the far right side, and select "Return for Refund". Your payment method will be refunded and the ebook will disappear from your collection. A very painless refund process (I requested refunds this way a couple of times before and it is very easy)